DNC Delegate Selection
2024 Arizona Delegate Selection Plan
Starting February 20th, 2024, Arizona Democrats will begin to elect delegates for the Democratic National Convention in Chicago, Illinois. Delegates are representatives of the Arizona Democratic Electorate and will represent our state at the National Convention — nominating candidates for President and Vice President, and adopting the national party platform.
- Arizona will have 85 total delegates (plus 6 alternates) at the national convention in 2024. Our Delegate Selection Plan outlines how those delegates will be determined.
How can you participate? There are four important steps to be part of this process:
- Vote in the Any registered Arizona Democrat can participate by voting early, voting by mail, or voting on Primary Election Day.
- Following the Presidential Preference Election, District-level delegates shall be elected at a
- On where Party Leaders and Elected Officials (PLEOs) At-Large, and Alternate delegates will be elected for the national convention.
- Delegates will attend the Here they will nominate the Democratic Presidential and Vice Presidential candidates and adopt the national party platform.
How to Become a Delegate Workshops
In an effort to make the Delegate Selection Plan and becoming a delegate as easy to understand, we’ll be offeringthroughout the year. Share this information with other Democrats you might know!
Run to be A DNC Committee Member
Please completeif you are interested in running for a DNC Committee Member position.
- You must be a registered Democrat in the state of Arizona.
- This position is a member of the ADP Executive Board and the ADP Executive Committee.
- This position is for a four (4) year term, effective August 23, 2024. This position is not available to ADP Staff. The DNC has 2x yearly meetings, and must pay your own expenses. These positions are eligible for attendance at the 2028 DNC Convention.
- You must be nominated at the election; you may self-nominate, here does not need a 2nd, and any Democrat can nominate. During the election, nominators will have (1) minute to introduce their nominee. Candidates will then have two (2) minutes to introduce themselves and explain why they are running for their position.
To learn more about the DNC Committee Member role, please see Article Xll on page 16 of the ADP by laws.
If you do not send in this form, you can still be nominated as a candidate from the floor, but demonstrating your interest now will help support a smoother running meeting. Submitting an Interest Form now, allows us to provide a contact and phone number list of the voting body.
- Deadline to become an official PC to be eligible to vote in April 20th District Elections
- Presidential Primary Election Day
- District Level Statement of Candidacy Due to the ADP
- Congressional District Election
- All other Statements of Candidacy Due to the ADP
- State Convention Election & State Delegation Selections
- Thursday, August 22, 2024: Democratic National Convention
- As of 12/11/23, the DNC Rules and Bylaws determined we are are in full compliance with our 2024 Plan.