Release: American Rescue Plan Has Delivered for Arizona’s Veterans, No Thanks to Cowardly House Republicans
PHOENIX –– Since its passage, the American Rescue Plan has delivered critical relief to military service members, veterans, and their families all across Arizona. With help from Democrats in Congress, President Joe Biden delivered on his promise to fight for those who fight for us with this $17 billion dollar investment to help veterans get back on their feet.
The historic legislation included funding to:
- Ensure that the 9.2 million enrolled veterans have access to quality health care
- Improve the living conditions of our most vulnerable veterans
- Initiate a robust Veteran Rapid Retraining Program to help unemployed veterans enter high demand occupations
- Provide grants for veteran-owned small businesses struggling because of the pandemic
- Clear out the backlog of veteran pension and compensation claims
Arizona is home to half a million of our nation’s veterans, making it one of the highest concentrations of veteran populations in the country. Instead of fighting for our most courageous constituents, every single congressional Republican—including Arizona’s own David Schweikert, Debbie Lesko, Andy Biggs, and Paul Gosar—skirted their duty to care for our military service members and voted against this critical aid.
“While President Biden and Democrats in Congress ensured military families were taken care of through the American Rescue Plan, the GOP members of the Arizona delegation—all of whom had no problem supporting tax cuts for the wealthy in the same session that they rejected essential aid for our service members—voted against this critical legislation,” said ADP Spokesperson Hannah Goss. “These Republicans owe Arizona’s veterans and military families an explanation for this abject failure to protect those who spend their lives protecting us.”
# # #