McSally Confirms More Judges To Gut Pre-Existing Condition Coverage Protections
This week, McSally has already voted to confirm 3 more anti-health care and anti-choice judges to lifetime appointments
PHOENIX — This week, Sen. Martha McSally has already voted to confirm three more anti-health care and anti-choice judges to lifetime appointments on the federal bench. This comes after McSally last week voted to confirm Michael Truncale — who, like McSally, has attacked earned benefits programs and advocated gutting pre-existing condition coverage protections — to a lifetime appointment. And it’s just the latest example of McSally putting her partisan politics and special interest backers ahead of Arizonans.
Here’s a look at the anti-health care and anti-choice judges that Sen. McSally has voted to confirm this week:
- Nielson has worked to legally strike down the Affordable Care Act, which would fully gut coverage protections for Americans with pre-existing conditions — a goal that McSally has pursued for years.
- Nielson also fought to defend a restrictive Texas anti-choice law that was ultimately struck down by the Supreme Court for posing a “substantial obstacle to women” seeking health care access.
- And Nielson even advocated on behalf of corporate special interest polluters as they sought to undermine the Environmental Protection Agency’s authority to regulate dangerous emissions.
- Collins advocated for undermining women’s access to contraceptives as part of the Supreme Court’s controversial Hobby Lobby decision.
- Clark has worked to undermine Americans’ health care access and worked to gut coverage for women’s access to contraceptives.
- A Clark-affiliated group not only attacked Roe v. Wade as “bad law” but even compared it to the reprehensible Dred Scott Supreme Court decision, in which the Court denied citizenship and constitutional rights to Black Americans.
Week after week, Martha McSally keeps voting to give lifetime appointments to judges who share her record of siding with corporate special interests over people and fighting against Americans’ health care access.
Arizonans deserve a Senator who will work for them, and Martha McSally keeps putting partisan politics and her corporate special interest backers first in Washington, at the expense of hardworking Arizonans.