February 27, 2020 Press Releases

2 Weeks Later, McSally Still Silent On Trump Raid

Two Weeks Later, Martha McSally Still Silent On Trump Military Funding Raid

Arizona military bases could take a big hit” from the $3.8 billion raid, which targets the F-35 among other programs 

PHOENIX — It’s now been two weeks of silence from U.S. Sen. Martha McSally, who still has not said anything about the Trump administration’s new $3.8 billion military funding raid under which “Arizona military bases could take a big hit.”

Arizona reporters have repeatedly sought out McSally’s position on the raid over the past 14 days — but she has yet to take a public stance, let alone say what she will do to oppose the raid and protect Arizona’s military assets and service members.

With no public statement from McSally, all Arizonans can do is look to her record. Last year, McSally voted three times to support Trump’s military funding raid that sent millions to two McSally campaign donors, while diverting billions of dollars in military construction funds and cutting $30 million from a project at Fort Huachuca that the Army called necessary to correct “unsafe” conditions.

“It’s inexcusable that Senator McSally still hasn’t issued a public statement on Trump’s new funding raid that could put Arizona projects and military readiness at risk,” said Brad Bainum, Arizona Democratic Party spokesperson. “It says everything about McSally that she’s once again failed to put up a fight while her party leaders look to raid funding from Arizona military bases.”