Jobs and Internships
Thank you for your interest in employment with the Arizona Democratic Party (ADP). The ADP is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals with experience organizing in diverse communities are encouraged to apply.
Development Director for the Arizona Democratic Party
- Located: Phoenix, AZ
- Department: Development Reports to: Executive Director
- The Development Director is responsible for managing the Arizona Democratic Party fundraising operation.
- In partnership with the Executive Director and Chairman, write and execute an annual Finance Plan, develop ADP promotional material, and promote the ADP’s work.
- Manage Development Department Staff, hold weekly team update meetings.
- Direct personal call time as well as the call time for the Chairman, Executive Director, Executive Board, Elected Officials, and other staff, by identifying targets, setting goals and ensuringfollow-up.
- Manage donor database and conduct research on current and potential contributors.
- Coordinate with compliance/legal consultants to ensure Democratic Party observances of, federal and state election law and consumer financial privacy protections.
- Supervise the planning and execution of ADP annual fundraising dinners and events.
- Engage staff and Executive Board by creating an organizational culture of fundraising.
- Raise online contributions through innovative direct Email solicitations, popular social media posts, online ads and high quality contribution web pages.
- Administer the ADP sustaining donor programs.
- Schedule meetings, arrange briefings and nurture relationships with ADP stakeholders; individual contributors, labor organizations, tribal communities, business groups, issue advocacy groups,party leaders, elected officials and candidate campaigns.
- Manage auxiliary fundraising programs, including telemarketing and DNC Victory Fund.
- Write and target effective ADP direct mail solicitations.
- Supporting the fundraising of Democratic Candidates for local, state and federal office.
- Providing guidance toward the Arizona Democratic Party’s mission and strategy.
- Be an enthusiastic ambassador for the ADP at other events, meetings and around town.
- Assist other departments in completing tasks as necessary.
- 3+ years experience in political fundraising.
- Demonstrated leadership ability in directing projects and managing staff.
- Superior inter-personal communication skills.
- Basic understanding of accounting principles; cash flow analysis, budget projections.
- Team player in fast paced, stressful political environment.
- Familiarity with NGP and other commonly-used fundraising software.
Click Here to view a PDF of the Development Director job position.
For consideration for the open position above, please send a resume, letter of interest and at least three (3) references to:
Barb Lubin, Arizona Democratic Party
602-298-7117, ATTN: Personnel Department
Via U.S. mail:
2910 North Central Avenue,
Phoenix, AZ 85012
The ADP is currently accepting applications from students interested in learning more about politics, grassroots organizing, public policy, communications, media relations and advance work. Internship opportunities are voluntary non-paid positions within the ADP and are open to undergraduate and graduate students in any field of study.
ADP Political Internships provide students a firsthand, one-on-one opportunity to sharpen their skills and get to know their community in a very unique way. Students interested in interning can enhance their career goals while promoting the importance of being politically active through varied experiences in political work, communications, outreach, finance and event planning.
Consideration for internships with the ADP requires the following:
In addition to work history, please include relevant co-curricular involvements and your campaign/politics volunteer history.
Why would you like to be considered for an internship with the ADP? (Please limit your response to 300 words or fewer.)
With department director
Many students have earned class credit for interning with the ADP. If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please contact your academic advisor.
Please submit your application and any questions to email@example.com.