Jobs and Internships
Thank you for your interest in employment with the Arizona Democratic Party (ADP). The ADP is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals with experience organizing in diverse communities are encouraged to apply.
Open Position: Field Organizer
Title of Position
Coordinated Campaign Committee
Coordinated Campaign Regional Field Director
The Field Organizer will work with the Regional Field Director in implementing the 2014 Arizona Coordinated Campaign Field Program in their assigned region by coordinating election activities to maximize Democratic turnout and improve Democratic performance.
Key areas of responsibility
- Be a representative for the Arizona Coordinated Campaign in their assigned region.
- Work with the RFD to implement the field plan for voter contact activities in their region including, but not limited to: volunteer recruitment, voter identification, voter registration, permanent early voter (PEVL)recruitment and GOTV efforts.
- Build a long-term volunteer infrastructure in their assigned region.
- Collaborating with volunteer leadership to successfully plan canvasses, phone banks, voter registration events, house parties, forums and other campaign events as directed in assigned region.
- Manage, train, and motivate volunteers to achieve daily and weekly voter contact goals and plan objectives.
- Meeting strict weekly voter contact goals on doors and phones.
- Meeting strict weekly voter registration and PEVL goals.
- Meeting daily reporting and data entry deadlines.
- Work with the RFD and Voter File Administrator to enhance data quality for voter contact activities.
- Participating in regular reporting conference calls.
- Perform such other duties as the Field Director and RFD assigns.
-The following levels of management
-Regional Field Director
-Party Leaders Elected Officials
- Basic understanding of political campaign principles and strategies
- Previous electoral experience as staff, intern or volunteer
- Arizona political experience preferred
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Experience using VoteBuilder is preferred
- Dedication to empowering volunteers to effect change in their community
- Applicants must be highly organized and have the ability to multitask in a fast-paced campaign environment
- Ability to work long hours including nights and weekends on a regular basis
- A true self-starter who is a detail-oriented team player
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong dedication to the values of the Democratic Party of Arizona
- Access to reliable transportation required
Salary negotiable. Position will include medical and dental insurance benefits.
To apply today, please email Kyle Blankenship at firstname.lastname@example.org
To view and download the PDF of the job posting, Click Here
The ADP is currently accepting applications from students interested in learning more about politics, grassroots organizing, public policy, communications, media relations and advance work. Internship opportunities are voluntary non-paid positions within the ADP and are open to undergraduate and graduate students in any field of study.
ADP Political Internships provide students a firsthand, one-on-one opportunity to sharpen their skills and get to know their community in a very unique way. Students interested in interning can enhance their career goals while promoting the importance of being politically active through varied experiences in political work, communications, outreach, finance and event planning.
Consideration for internships with the ADP requires the following:
In addition to work history, please include relevant co-curricular involvements and your campaign/politics volunteer history.
Why would you like to be considered for an internship with the ADP? (Please limit your response to 300 words or fewer.)
With department director
Many students have earned class credit for interning with the ADP. If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please contact your academic advisor.
Please submit your application and any questions to email@example.com.